It’s not that you forgot. It’s just that you… kinda didn’t exactly remember to remember.
But fear not! Below you will find an assortment of ideas that will be sure to make mom smile on Sunday (Yes, this Sunday). Many of these gifts can be in your hands before the big day. For those that can’t, check out these really cute I.O.U. coupons. Print them, fill them out with the info about the gift that’s on the way, and present them to the mom in your life (on a tray with flowers and breakfast-in-bed, of course).
1. We don’t remember days, we remember moments. Help mom remember the wonderful moments and get her a gift certificate for a family photo session. My family recently did a mini-session with Sarah McKay Photography and it was awesome. Sarah brings her warm energy to the photo shoot, and her work is just beautiful.
2. Morning Fog Studios specializes in custom, handmade treasures. Glasses, mugs, stainless steel pieces… you name it, they can engrave it and make it truly special. And, they are offering Gathered Birth blog readers 15% off! Visit their online shop by June 1st, 2016 and enter code GATHERED15. The shop is closed until May 8th, but you can use the IOU above. It will be worth the wait
3. A gift certificate to Gathered Birth. The pregnant or new mom in your life can redeem it for a class on childbirth preparation, breastfeeding, newborn care, or any of our support services. And, if you mention this post you’ll receive 10% the cost of the gift certificate through May 15th, 2016. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
4. I am obsessed with my Day Designer Planner. It helps me stay organized as a mom of 3 and business owner. The planner has calendars as well as daily to-do lists, motivational quotes, and there are lots of cute designs to choose from.
5. The initial necklaces from Amanda Deer Jewelry are simple and adorable; I have one for each of my children’s initials and love wearing them.
6. A gift card to Stitch Fix. Here’s how it works: she tells them a little bit about her style preferences, sizing, and budget, and then they send her a package of hand selected clothing and accessories. She keeps whats she likes and sends back the rest. Super easy and really fun!
7. Do you have piles of your kids’ drawings and doodles? You don’t really want to throw them out, but your refrigerator door can’t possibly fit one more. Try making mom something like this! Handmade gift, decluttering… perfect (just make sure you don’t chop up something that someone was planning to save as-is). You can find the supplies at your local art store or online- Canvases here: Art Alternatives Canvas Panel (8 X 10) PACK OF 12, Mod Podge here: Mod Podge CS11302 Original 16-Ounce Glue, Matte Finish.
8. I don’t know any moms that couldn’t use more sleep! Help her sleep better with pajamas from The Hope Chest in Haverford and Philadelphia. Their friendly staff will help you pick the perfect pair.
9. A gift certificate to Rockdale Art Center in Aston, PA. They offer tons of unique classes for adults and families. I went to a Bottle & Brush class a few weeks ago and it was great (friends, painting, BYOB… what’s not to love!)
Be sure to check delivery times with each merchant listed, especially as Sunday approaches.
Happy Mother’s Day!
This post contains some affiliate links, but I only suggest places or products I personally love.