5-week series: Oct. 26 – Nov. 23
Saturdays 11a – 12:30p
Motherhood, in all its glorious stages, is depleting. From the exhaustion of birth to confounding hormones to sleep deprivation to the endless concern for our child’s wellbeing – all without the support of the village that served our foremothers.
Nourishment is what we need to revitalize and rebuild ourselves.
Nourished Mama is an offering of mind & body support that invites you to invest in yourself
This series is for anyone on the postpartum spectrum. 6-weeks post-birth to mothering grown children, and everyone in between. ALL mamas fall within this continuum.
Nourished Mama series offers:
- Yoga sequences (all levels) for postpartum
- Core awareness: exercises to rebuild
- Particular focus on the breath & pelvic floor
- Self-care – via journaling, Ayurvedic wellness tips & restorative yoga
- Learning mantra (repeated sounds) to amplify inward connection
- Yoga Nidra (yogic sleep) practices which reduce anxiety, improve sleep & wellness
- Space to simply be
- Community & connection with other mama’s
Investment of $250 includes:
- 5 – 90 minutes gathering with tea shared at the close of each class
- 1 – 60 mins. Private with Suki to address individual wellness needs & physical issues
- Yoga Nidra recording
- Weekly online videos for home & future practice
- Online private community FB group
Class is taught by Suki Kermes.
Suki’s yoga journey took an unexpected turn in 2007 when she had an opportunity to witness the birth of a friend’s child. Having recently completed her first 200-hour Teacher Training certification, she became Intrigued with the birth process and how a yoga practice could support women during the pre and postnatal period. She soon began teaching pre and postnatal yoga. Although some of the greatest teachings she received during her own birth and postpartum period of her three children. She is humbled by the pre and postpartum journey each woman experiences and believes community is key in carrying families through these formative years. In her classes, she offers support and knowledge so women are educated and empowered as they embark on their own journey into motherhood.
Suki has delved into over 500 hours of yoga studies and is certified in Pre & Postnatal Yoga with Sue Elkind & Lara Kohn Thompson, Restorative Yoga: Relax and Renew ® with Judith Lasater and Pelvic Floor Yoga with Leslie Howard. She is blessed to have studied with exceptional teachers along her yoga path and currently studies ParaYoga with Yogarupa Rod Stryker.