This is a one day intensive class that covers the same topics as the 4-week series, just a bit quicker.
When mothers are nurtured and empowered, they are able to give birth with awareness and confidence. This Childbirth Preparation class provides support and evidenced-based information to help you trust your body and navigate your birthing options. Learn more about Gathered Birth’s guiding philosophies.
Class topics include:
- Signs of labor
- Normal process of labor
- Encouraging ideal fetal positioning
- Discovering and communicating your birth wishes
- Understanding common protocols and what your rights are
- Interventions (including c-sections and inductions): what they are, how they can be avoided, and how to have a satisfying birth experience should they become necessary
- How to approach birth more confidently
- Relaxation methods
- Natural comfort measures and pain relief
- Medical pain relief options
- Support and guidance for labor partners
- What happens immediately after birth
Each registration includes you and your birth partner.
Class size is limited to ensure there is time to address your specific concerns and questions. If the class time you want is full, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610-627-0782 to be placed on the waitlist.
Private Childbirth Preparation Classes are also available and can take place in the Gathered Birth studio or in your home. Please contact email@example.com or call 610-627-0782 for details and to register.